St. Mary the Virgin, Shouldham Thorpe

From William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1883

The CHURCH (Virgin Mary) consists of nave, chancel, and bell turret at the west end, containing two bells; the entrance is at the west end, under a fine Norman arch. It was mostly rebuilt about twenty-six years ago, at the expense of the late Sir Thomas Hare. The seats are neat open benches of oak, and the floor is paved with tiles. The tower fell down in 1724. The living is in the gift of T. L. Hare, Esq., and is a vicarage annexed to Shouldham.

From Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, 1883

SHOULDHAM THORPE is a parish in the rural deanery of Fincham, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church of the Virgin Mary is a small stone building, in the Norman,  decorated and perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave and open turret with 2 bells. The living is a vicarage, with Shouldham annexed, joint yearly value £292, in the gift of Thomas Leigh Hare esq. the impropriator of all the tithes and held since 1850 by the Rev. William Maxey Allen M.A. of Christ's College, Cambridge, who officiates at both churches. There are chapels for the Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists and Methodist New Connexion.